Baby Bok Choy and Portobellos

Posted on

I love baby bok choy and so do many others because it flies from my local grocer’s shelves faster than a Lear jet. When I do score some I like simple preparations to feature its delicate crispness. The Thai shrimp paste in this recipe really sets it apart and who doesn’t love sauteed Portobello mushrooms? This recipe is gluten-free

PRINT Baby Bok Choy and Portobellos Recipe from MS Word

Baby Bok Choy and Portobellos

Yield: 3-4 servings

3 baby bok choy quartered lengthwise
2 large Portobello mushrooms sliced stem removed
1 red pepper (Fresno) cut into strips
3 teaspoons Pantai norasingh™ Thai shrimp paste in soya bean oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon olive oil

Heat oil in a wok and add bok choy, Portobellos, shrimp paste, salt and chili pepper and stir fry for 2 -3 minutes stirring constantly. Portion onto plates and serve.

© 2012 Aron David Bradley

About these ads

6 thoughts on “Baby Bok Choy and Portobellos

rachel jane said:
    May 18, 2012 at 5:31 am

I love your plates! So bright and colourful!

hippydude responded:
      May 18, 2012 at 5:39 am

If you are talking about the serving platters, I am always on the lookout for an interesting plate…if you are talking about my cuisine…Thanks!

rachel jane said:
        May 18, 2012 at 5:40 am

Well both of course! I too share a love of buying flatware and you definitely have some beauties!

Lucas said:
        June 10, 2012 at 8:53 am

Made this last night and I loved it! I ended up making ALOT so I ate the rest for lunch today and it was still deucliois. Also, I have never used Bok Choy, but I am a fan!!!! Thanks Nish

Tammy said:
    June 9, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Well, I’m definitely talking about your cooking. Love that you used the thai past as I like these flavors but need them kicked up a notch.

Hrishank said:
    June 10, 2012 at 7:49 am

I am a vegetarian, so I am going to try this wuthoit the chicken but it looks delicious! I am a total stir-fry addict I think that stir-fry’s are one of the best ways to eat healthy foods in a tasty way! Cannot wait to see more stir-fry recipes!